I beleive the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated, copied, and interpreted correctly. In the course of my studies of the Bible, I've discovered that it has a long and convoluted history. So, these are my discoveries and my musings of Christian history and doctrines.

Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States

Monday, May 23, 2005

Mentioned in the Bible, But Not Found - Part 1

Here are some other books mentioned in the Bible that are NOT found in the Bible:

  • Another epistle of Jude
Jude, the brother of James wrote:
"When I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should contend earnestly for the faith once delivered unto the saints." (Jude 3)
What was the "common salvation" that he referred to? Considering the purpose of the Bible is intended for the salvation of God's children on earth, wouldn't that epistle be just as important as the one we now have?

  • Another epistle of Paul to the Ephesians
Paul wrote of a revelation that he had and sent to the Ephesians.
"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)…" (Ephesians 3:3-4)
Wouldn't this revelation which he said would be beneficial to the Ephesians be beneficial to us also?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home